Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My Time Left is Like a Cookie

Today marks exactly two weeks until I leave for my new life in Mozambique.
Between finalizing papers, setting aside items for packing, buying items to be packed, cleaning and cooking for the goodbye party, language study and gobbling up as much information about the country as possible, there is very little time to spare for my loved ones.
My time left reminds me of those giant, scrumptious chocolate-chip cookies from the high school lunchroom: I could give away a bite here and there when it was big, but once the size dwindled, I was reluctant to give it away so freely. Please know that if I've discovered I have more than I thought, loved ones, I will surely give you a piece of my cookie.
Until then, I must return to my epic to-do list!

No comments:

Post a Comment